martes, 23 de marzo de 2010

ROBIN HOOD - PLAYSCRIPT - ACT 3 - 2006-7

ROBIN HOOD

PLAYSCRIPT 2006 - 2007

ACT 3



The juggler appears again with the curtains closed. He starts to play his mandolin. He sighs.

JUGGLER: Oh l´amour, l´amour… Robin Hood, hero, defender of the poor and weak, can also fall in love..
Lady Marian, never was a maid so beautiful,
Never was a maid so clever,
(sighing),
Oh, l´amour, l´amour.

Maid Marian´s bed room. Maid Marian is brushing her hair, talking with her handmaiden, Cassandra.

MARIAN: And what do you think this Robin Hood is like?

CASSANDRA: An enemy, I suppose, my lady, an enemy of the worst kind.

MARIAN: Really, Cassandra? Why so?

CASSANDRA: Why else would the Sheriff of Nottingham proclaim him an outlaw?

MARIAN: All the more reason I´d like to know what this Robin Hood is like.

CASSANDRA: My lady? (She stops doing her things and starts Looking at Marian unbelievably).

MARIAN: Anyone the sheriff considers an “outlaw” must be a most respected individual.

CASSANDRA: Surely you´re joking, my lady. (Continues combing her lady´s hair).

MARIAN: (quite playfully) Do I? (Maid Marian stands up, Cassandra follows her).

CASSANDRA: Well, you needn´t worry about that outlaw Robin Hood coming here, my lady.

MARIAN: Oh? And why?

CASSANDRA: I hear he only …

MARIAN: You hear?

CASSANDRA: Gossip, my lady, rumours, idle talk heard among housework maids and kitchen help.

MARIAN: And what have you heard, Cassandra?

CASSANDRA: (whispering and putting her hand before her mouth as if saying a secret) He lives somewhere deep inside Sherwood Forest.

MARIAN: The King´s own forest! Impressive. He must be quite courageous.

CASSANDRA: And he is promising to help the peasants.

MARIAN: How so?

CASSANDRA: By robbing the rich, my lady.

MARIAN: Mm, a clever idea!

CASSANDRA: But only in Sherwood Forest.

MARIAN: Only in Sherwood Forest?

CASSANDRA: Rumour says Sherwood Forest is where – rumour says – he´ll be an outlaw. So, my lady, he won´t be troubling you here.

MARIAN: So, I would have to go to Sherwood Forest then?

CASSANDRA: What, my lady? (looking very surprised and frightened)

MARIAN: Nothing, Cassandra, nothing (Sighing and sitting again on her chair) I do hope the Sheriff´s ball will be exciting tomorrow evening. (looking very bored)

CASSANDRA: When you attend any event, Lady Marian, that event becomes exciting.

Curtains close.

END OF ACT 3

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario