miércoles, 2 de junio de 2010

ALICE IN WONDERLAND - PLAYSCRIPT - ACT 9 - 2007-8

ALICE IN WONDERLAND
PLAYSCRIPT 2007-2008
ACT 9


Alice appears on the stage, there is a big table and on the table lots of cups and saucers, teapots and coffeepots. By the table, the March Hare and the Mad Hatter are singing a song.
.
MARCH HARE: ...to us. A very know what day today is tea forget of us??

MAD HATTER: A very merry unbirthday...

MARCH HARE: A very merry unbirthday...

MAD HATTER & MARCH HARE: A very merry unbirthday to us! ...

MARCH HARE: A very merry unbirthday to me.

MAD HATTER: To who?

MARCH HARE: To me.

MAD HATTER: Oh you!

MARCH HARE: A very merry unbirthday to you.

MAD HATTER: Who, me?

MARCH HARE: Yes, you.

MAD HATTER: Oh me!

MARCH HARE: Let's all congratulate us with another cup of tea, a very merry unbirthday to you!

Alice tries to get close to the table but they don´t let her.

MARCH HARE & MAD HATTER: No room, no room, no room, no room, no room, no room, no room!

ALICE: But I thought there was plenty of room!

MARCH HARE: Ah, but it’s very rude to sit down without being invited!

MAD HATTER: I say it’s rude. It’s very very rude, indeed! Hah!

MOUSE: Very very very rude, indeed...

ALICE: Oh, I’m very sorry, but I did enjoy your singing and I wondered if you could tell me...

MARCH HARE: You enjoyed our singing?

MAD HATTER: Oh, what a delightful child! Hah! I’m so excited, we never get compliments! You must have a cup of tea!

MARCH HARE: Ah, yes indeed! The tea, you must have a cup of tea!

ALICE: That would be very nice. I’m sorry I interrupted your birthdayparty... uh, thank you.

MARCH HARE: Birthday? Hahaha! My dear child, this is not a birthdayparty!

MAD HATTER: Of course not! Hehehe! This is an unbirthdayparty!

ALICE: Unbirthday? Why, I’m sorry, but I don’t quite understand.

MARCH HARE: It’s very simple. Now, thirty days have sept- no, when... an unbirthday, if you have a birthday then you... haha... she doesn’t know what an unbirthday is!

MAD HATTER: How silly! Ha HA Ha Ha! Ah-hum... I shall ellusinate! Now statistics prove, prove that you’ve one birthday.

MARCH HARE: Imagine, just one birthday every year.

MAD HATTER: Ahhh, but there are 364 unbirthdays!

MARCH HARE: Precisely why we’re gathered here to cheer!

ALICE: Why, then today is my unbirthday too!

MARCH HARE: It is?

MAD HATTER: What a small world this is.

MARCH HARE: In that case... a very merry unbirthday.

ALICE: To me?

MAD HATTER: To you!

MARCH HARE: A very merry unbirthday. (and he gives Alice a birthday cake)

ALICE: For me?

MAD HATTER: For you! Now blow the candle out, my dear and make your wish come true! He he he!

ALICE: Oh, that was lovely!

MAD HATTER: And uh, and now my dear, hehe, uh... you were saying ... hehe!

ALICE: Oh, yes. You see, I’m looking for a...

MAD HATTER: Clean cup, clean cup! Move down!

ALICE: But I haven’t used my cup!

MARCH HARE: Clean cup, clean cup, move down, move down!

MAD HATTER: Would you like a little more tea?

ALICE: Well, I haven’t had any yet, so I can’t very well take more...

MARCH HARE: Ahh, you mean you can’t very well take less!

MAD HATTER: Yes! You can always take more than nothing!

ALICE: But I only meant that...

MAD HATTER: And now, my dear, something seems to be troubling you. Uh, won’t you tell us all about it?

MARCH HARE: Start at the beginning.

MAD HATTER: Yes, yes! And when you come to the end, hehehe, stop! See?

ALICE: Well, it all started while I was sitting in the garden with Dinah.

MARCH HARE: Very interesting. Who’s Dinah?

ALICE: Why, Dinah is my cat. You see...

MOUSE: Cat?

MARCH HARE: Hurry! Give the jam! Quickly! On his nose! Put it on his nose!

MAD HATTER: On his nose, on his nose!

MOUSE: Where’s the cat...

MAD HATTER: Oh. Oh, my goodness! Those are the things that upset me!

MARCH HARE: See all the trouble you’ve started?

ALICE: But really, I didn’t think...

MARCH HARE: Ah, but that’s the point! If you don’t think, you shouldn’t talk!

MAD HATTER: Clean cup! Clean cup! Move down, move down, move down!

ALICE: But I still haven’t used....

MAD HATTER: Move down, move down, move down, move down... And now my dear, as you were saying?

ALICE: Oh, yes. I was sitting on the riverbank with uh... with you know who...

MAD HATTER: I do, hehehe?

ALICE: I mean my C - A - T...

MAD HATTER: Tea?

MARCH HARE: Just half a cup if you don’t mind.

MAD HATTER: Come, come my dear. hehehe! Don’t you care for tea?

ALICE: Why, yes, I’m very fond of tea, but...

MARCH HARE: If you don’t care for tea, you could at least make polite conversation!

ALICE: Well, I’ve been trying to ask you...

MARCH HARE: I have an excellent idea! Let’s change the subject! How about a nice cup of tea?

ALICE: A nice cup of tea, indeed! Well, I’m sorry, but I just haven’t the time!

MARCH HARE: The time, the time! Who’s got the time?

WHITE RABBIT: No, no, no, no! No time, no time, no time! Hello, goodbye! I’m late! I’m late!

ALICE: The white rabbit!

WHITE RABBIT: Oh, I’m so late! I’m so very very late!

MAD HATTER: Well, no wonder you’re late! Why, this clock is exactly two days slow!

WHITE RABBIT: Two days slow?

MAD HATTER: Of course you’re late. Hahaha! My goodness. We’ll have to look into this. A-ha! I see what’s wrong with it! Why, this watch is full of wheels!

WHITE RABBIT: Oh, my good watch! Oh, my wheels! My springs! But- but- but- but, but- but- but...

MAD HATTER: Butter! Of course, we need some butter! Butter!

MARCH HARE: Butter!

WHITE RABBIT: But- but- butter?

MAD HATTER: Butter, oh, thank you, butter. Ha ha. Yes, that’s fine.

WHITE RABBIT: Oh no no, no no no you’ll get crumbs in it!

MAD HATTER: Oh, this is the very best butter! What are you talking about?

MARCH HARE: Tea?

MAD HATTER: Tea! Oh, I never thought of tea! Of course!

WHITE RABBIT: No!

MAD HATTER: Tea! hehehe

WHITE RABBIT: No! Not tea!

MARCH HARE: Sugar?

MAD HATTER: Sugar. Two spoons, yes, ha, two spoons. Thank you, yes.

WHITE RABBIT: Oh, please! Be careful!

MARCH HARE: Look at that! It’s going mad!

ALICE: Oh, my goodness!

WHITE RABBIT: Oh dear!

MARCH HARE: It is going mad! Mad watch!

MAD HATTER: I don't understand, it's the best butter.

MARCH HARE: There’s only one way to stop a mad watch!

And he takes a hammer and hits the watch with it.

WHITE RABBIT: Oh, my watch...

MAD HATTER: It was?

WHITE RABBIT: And it was an unbirthday present too.

MARCH HARE: Well, in that case...

MARCH HARE & MAD HATTER: A very merry unbirthday to you!

And the white rabbit quickly disappears from the stage.

ALICE: Mister Rabbit! Oh, mister Rabbit! Oh, now where did he go to? And she goes after him leaving the March Hare and the Mad Hatter singing their unbirthday song.
.
END OF ACT 9

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario