lunes, 5 de octubre de 2009

THE CANTERVILLE GHOST-PLAYSCRIPT(2004-5) - ACT 3

THE CANTERVILLE GHOST
PLAYSCRIPT 2004-5
ACT 3
.
NARRATOR: There was a terrible storm that night. During the next few days, strange things happened in the house...
.
The family are in the living room. Mr and Mrs Otis are drinking tea and reading, Virginia is painting, Washington is watching her and the twins are playing with their ball.
.
MRS OTIS: Look, the stain is there again.
.
WASHINGTON: Yes, I don´t understand it. 'Pinkerton´s Champion Cleaner' always works.
.
CINDY: Every day, Washinton removes the stain.
.
ROBBY: And every morning the stain is there again.
.
WASHINGTON: Father locked the library door. But the stain was there again in the morning.
.
CINDY: And every day the stain is a different colour. One day it´s red...
.
ROBBY: Next day it´s purple...
.
WASHINGTON: Next day it´s green...
.
MRS OTIS: I´ve heard of blue blood. But I´ve never heard of green blood. (Mr and Mrs Otis laugh together)
.
WASHINGTON: What´s the matter Virginia?
.
MRS OTIS: Why are you looking unhappy?
.
VIRGINIA: It´s nothing. Don´t worry.
.
MR OTIS: This is interesting, perhaps there really is a ghost.
.
MRS OTIS: I´m going to tell my friend in New York.
.
WASHINGTON: And I´m going to write to the newspapers about it. We will be famous in America! We live in a haunted house!
.
TWINS: Yippeeee!
.
MR OTIS: Well, children, I see you enjoy living in Europe.
.
VIRGINIA: I´m not sure. Things are very strange here.
.
MRS OTIS: Yes, life in America is much better!
.
MR OTIS: American actresses are much better than European ones!
.
MRS OTIS: American food is much better than English food.
.
WASHINGTON: Boston is more important than Rome.
.
VIRGINIA: New Yorkers speak much more sweetly than Londoners.
.
CINDY: But I like living in England!
.
ROBBY: Yes, I want to see the Ghost tonight!
.
CINDY: I don´t want to go to bed. I want to see the Ghost too!
.
ROBBY: We don´t have ghosts in America.
.
MRS OTIS: (standing up and going towards her children) No, children. You must go to bed now. It´s very late.
.
END OF ACT 3

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario