lunes, 5 de octubre de 2009

THE CANTERVILLE GHOST-PLAYSCRIPT(2004-5) - ACT 4

THE CANTERVILLE GHOST
PLAYSCRIPT 2004-5
ACT 4
.
NARRATOR: That night, at one o´clock, Mr Otis woke up. There was a strange noise in the corridor.
.
The Ghost appears carrying chains and making a lot of noise. Mr Otis appears carrying a candle and wearing his pijamas.
.
MR OTIS: Who´s there?
.
GHOST: Woooooooo. Woooooooo.
.
MR OTIS: Who are you? Stop making that terrible noise. Nobody can sleep.
.
GHOST: I am the Ghost of Sir Simon de Canterville. This is my house. Go away and never come back.
.
MR OTIS: Look, take this bottle of 'Rising Sun American Lubricator'. Put it on your chains to stop them making a noise. Goodnight, sir. (Mr Otis leaves the living room)
.
GHOST: What? Are you not afraid of me?
.
Cindy and Robby appear in the room with some pillows in their hands.
.
CINDY: Look, there´s the Ghost.
.
ROBBY: Yippee. Let´s throw our pillows at him. (They start throwing their pillows at the Ghost who hadn´t seen them)
.
CINDY: (Laughing) I hit him on the nose! (The Ghost tries to escape)
.
ROBBY: He´s running away!
.
Mr and Mrs Otis both appear because of the noise.
.
MRS OTIS: Go back to bed, children.
.
TWINS: We hit him with our pillows.
.
MR OTIS: That´s not polite. That poor ghost has lived in this house for centuries. We should respect him.
.
Virginia appears wearing a nightgown.
.
VIRGINIA: Poor ghost. I am sorry for him.
.
MR OTIS: But we must take his chains away from him. It is impossible to sleep with so much noise.
.
Everybody leaves the stage. The Ghost appears again.
.
NARRATOR: The Ghost was very angry. He made plans.
.
GHOST: For three hundred years, I have lived in this house. Everyone was afraid of me. After all that, these Americans have come to live here. They have no respect. I will climb inside the old suit of armour in the hall. They will be afraid when they see the armour moving.
.
The Ghost starts getting into the armour.
.
GHOST: Ow... I´ve hurt my knees and my elbows.
.
The twins appear from behind, moving slowly.
.
CINDY: What was that noise?
.
ROBBY: It´s the Ghost. Look, there.
.
CINDY: Let´s get our peashooters. We´ll teach him a lesson.
.
GHOST: Ow! Stop! Please, stop! Ow! Ow!
.
Mr Otis appears holding a gun, Mrs Otis follows him.
.
MR OTIS: Well done, boys. I´ve got my gun. Hold up your hands.
.
GHOST: (Screaming with anger) I am the Ghost of Canterville Chase. I have lived here for hundreds of years. Listen to my terrible laughter. Your hair will turn white when you hear it. Haaaa. Haaaa. Haaaa.
.
MRS OTIS: Are you all right? You must have a bad stomach-ache. Take this medicine. It is made in America. It´s the best in the world.
.
The Otis family leave.
.
GHOST: These Americans are stupid. But I will do terrible things. They will never come back to this house.
.
END OF ACT 4

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario