jueves, 8 de julio de 2010

THE CANTERVILLE GHOST-PLAYSCRIPT(2008-9) - ACT 1

THE CANTERVILLE GHOST
PLAYSCRIPT 2008-2009
ACT 1

.
NARRATOR: Mr Otis was American. He was very rich and very important. He wanted to live in an old house in England, so he decided to buy Canterville Chase, the home of Lord and Lady Canterville.

In a living room.

MR OTIS: Good morning Lord and Lady Canterville. It is a pleasure to have both of you here in America with us.

LORD CANTERVILLE: Good morning, Mr Otis. It is our pleasure. (handshake)

MR OTIS: Do you like America, Lady Canterville?
(He kisses her hand)

LADY CANTERVILLE: Good morning, Mr Otis. Yes, America is absolutely fantastic. So fresh, so alive!

MR OTIS: Yes, yes. Well… How much do you want for your house, Lord Canterville? A hundred thousand dollars? Two hundred thousand dollars?
(takes out a cheque book)

LORD CANTERVILLE: But Mr Otis, are you sure that you want to buy Canterville Chase? There is a ghost in the house.

MR OTIS: Thank you for warning me, Lord Canterville. But I don´t believe it. Only the English believe in ghosts.

LORD CANTERVILLE: Not only me, but many members of my family have seen the ghost.

MR OTIS: Ha ha, I think you´re joking.

LORD CANTERVILLE: Nobody could sleep at night because of the mysterious noises in the house.

MR OTIS: My Lord, I will pay you extra for the ghost, ha ha!

LADY CANTERVILLE: Don´t laugh Mr Otis. The Ghost really exists. People have seen it many times in the last three hundred years.

MR OTIS: I´m American, Lady Canterville. Americans don´t believe in ghosts. They are an old-fashioned European idea.

LORD CANTERVILLE: If you don´t mind having a ghost in the house, that´s all right. But please, remember that we have warned you.

MR OTIS: Thank you, Lord Canterville, I appreciate it. (A little pause) Now let me introduce my family. Lord and Lady Canterville, this is my wife, Mrs Lucrezia Otis.

MRS OTIS: I´m pleased to meet you, Lord Canterville. Your house is a lovely old house, Lady Canterville.

LORD CANTERVILLE: I Hope you enjoy living there.

LADY CANTERVILLE: But be careful with the ghost.

MRS OTIS: I´m sure I will, I don´t believe in ghosts and I sleep very well at night.

MR OTIS: And this is my eldest son, Washington.

WASHINGTON: I´m pleased to meet you, Lord and Lady Canterville. Are there many parties in England? I like dancing very much.

LORD CANTERVILLE: Yes, there are lots of parties. The English girls will enjoy dancing with you.

LADY CANTERVILLE: Yes, you´re a handsome young man.

MR OTIS: This is my daughter Virginia.

VIRGINIA: I´m pleased to meet you, Lord and Lady Canterville.

LADY CANTERVILLE: Do you like dancing too?

VIRGINIA: No, but I like riding very much. I want to ride my pony at Canterville Chase.

LORD CANTERVILLE: You are a lovely young lady. The English boys will enjoy going riding with you.

MR OTIS: And these are the twins, Cindy and Robby.

CINDY: Hi, Lord Canterville, I´ve never met an English Lord before… and an English Lady …(touching Lady Canterville´s dress) you must be very rich!

ROBBY: Hey, Lord Canterville, is there really a ghost in Canterville Chase?
(They start moving around Lord and Lady Canterville)

MRS OTIS: Be polite, children.
.
LORD CANTERVILLE: I´m pleased to meet you, children. You have a very nice and big family.
.
LADY CANTERVILLE: Yes, really very very nice, Ha!
.
MR OTIS: So will you sell us the house?
.
LORD CANTERVILLE: Yes, Mr Otis. When do you want to move in?
.
MR OTIS: As soon as possible. The children are really looking forward to living in a real English haunted house.
END OF ACT 1

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario