jueves, 8 de julio de 2010

THE CANTERVILLE GHOST-PLAYSCRIPT(2008-9) - ACT 5

THE CANTERVILLE GHOST
PLAYSCRIPT 2008-2009
ACT 5
NARRATOR: The twins made plans in the middle of the night.
.
CINDY: Let´s have some fun with the Ghost.
.
ROBBY: Yes, let´s make a ghost. The Otis Ghost.
.
CINDY: That´s a good idea. Here´s an old sheet.
.
ROBBY: And here´s a turnip.
.
CINDY: Here´s a knife from the kitchen.
.
ROBBY: And here´s a candle. Let´s put them all together to make a ghost.
.
CINDY: There. That´s really good. Now let´s write a notice.
.
ROBBY: Let´s hang it around our ghost´s neck.
.
CINDY: Now let´s put the candle inside the ghost´s head.
.
ROBBY: That´s good. I´ll light the candle.
.
CINDY: Excellent. Now let´s go to our room and wait for Sir Simon.
.
ROBBY: Yes, I think I can hear him coming.
.
The twins leave the stage, almost immediately the ghost appears.
.
GHOST: Three hundred years ago I murdered my wife. Now I will do another terrible thing. I´m going to frighten everybody in the family. First of all, I´ll go into Washington´s bedroom. Then I´ll go into Mr and Mrs Otis´s bedroom. Then I´ll frighten the twins. Haa haa haa. By the end of the night, they will all be mad. But I won´t hurt pretty Miss Virginia. She is the only one of the family who has not laughed at me.
.
Suddenly the Ghost notices The Otis Ghost.
.
GHOST: But what is this? Aaaaaaaaaaagh... It´s a ghost. Help! Help! Help!
.
The Ghost disappears from the stage shouting and running. The twins who are watching behind a curtain appear.
.
CINDY: Yippeee! We frightened him.
.
ROBBY: He´s a stupid old English ghost.
.
CINDY: Our American ghost is much too frightening for him.
.
ROBBY: Hurrah for the Otis Ghost.
.
CINDY: Quiet. He´s coming back (They hide behind the curtain).
.
GHOST: I´ll go to look at the other ghost again. Perhaps it´s a friend. We can work together to frighten the Americans. Where is it? (The Ghost starts looking at the Otis Ghost) This is a curtain. This is a turnip. And this is a kitchen knife. What does this notice say? 'Ye Otis Ghoste'. Now I understand. I´m a fool. The twins have tricked me. I will murder them!

END OF ACT 5

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario