jueves, 8 de julio de 2010

THE CANTERVILLE GHOST-PLAYSCRIPT(2008-9) - ACT 10

THE CANTERVILLE GHOST
PLAYSCRIPT 2008-2009
ACT 10

NARRATOR: Four days later, at eleven o´clock at night, a funeral started from Canterville Chase. Lord and Lady Canterville were there. They sat with Virginia. They buried the coffin with the bones of Sir Simon de Canterville in the old churchyard. The next morning, Lord and Lady Canterville said goodbye to the Otis family.
.
MR OTIS: You must take the jewels which the Ghost gave my daughter. They are your family´s jewels.
.
MRS OTIS: Yes, they are beautiful. Take them, Lady Canterville.
.
LADY CANTERVILLE: No, Virginia must keep them. She has helped Sir Simon. The jewels belong to her.
.
MR OTIS: My daughter is only a child. She does not need these jewels. Americans are very simple democratic people. We don´t believe in lords and ladies. We don´t want their fine jewels.
.
LORD CANTERVILLE: My dear sir, the jewels are hers. If we take them from her, Sir Simon will never forgive us. He will come back and haunt us. Please, let her keep them.
.
Virginia and Cecil appear on the stage. Lady Canterville stands up and goes towards Virginia. She gives the necklace to Virginia.
.
LORD CANTERVILLE: The Ghost would have liked you to keep the jewels. You look very beautiful with them.
.
Lady Canterville kisses Virginia and Lord and Lady Canterville leave the stage, followed by Mr and Mrs Otis. Virginia and Cecil are alone.
.
CECIL: Virginia, a wife must have no secrets from her husband.
.
VIRGINIA: But darling, I have no secrets from you.
.
CECIL: Yes, you have never told me the truth about you and the Ghost. What happened? Where did you go with him?
.
VIRGINIA: I have never told anyone.
.
CECIL: You may tell me.
.
VIRGINIA: Please, don´t ask me. I cannot tell you. Poor Sir Simon. He made me see what Life is and what Death is, and why Love is stronger than both.
.
CECIL: Keep your secret. I will keep your heart.
.
VIRGINIA: You have always had it, Cecil.
.
CECIL: But you will tell your secret to our children one day, won´t you?
.
VIRGINIA: (Embarrassed) Children?
END OF ACT 10
END OF THE PLAY

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario