jueves, 8 de julio de 2010

THE CANTERVILLE GHOST-PLAYSCRIPT(2008-9) - ACT 8

THE CANTERVILLE GHOST
PLAYSCRIPT 2008-2009
ACT 8
The Otis family are in the livingroom. Cecil, Virginia´s boyfriend is there too, but Virginia isn´t there.
.
MR OTIS: Go upstairs and find Miss Virginia. It´s tea-time.
.
The servant leaves to look for Miss Virginia and returns after some time.
.
SERVANT: But I cannot find your daughter anywhere, Madam.
.
CINDY: Let´s look in the garden. She must be there.
.
ROBBY: I´ll look in the wood. You look near the lake.
.
Cindy and Robby leave the stage.
.
WASHINGTON: (He arrives) I can´t see her anywhere!
.
MR OTIS: Perhaps the circus has taken her. There is a circus camping in the park. I will go to look for her there.
.
CECIL: Please, let me go with you. I love her.
.
Mr Otis and Cecil leave. Mrs Otis and Washington stay.
.
NARRATOR: Everybody went to look for Virginia. The hours passed little by little. At midnight, everyone was still awake. It was impossible to sleep.
.
MRS OTIS: (Mr Otis and Cecil arrive) Poor Virginia, where is she?
.
WASHINGTON: I don´t know, Mom. The police have searched the lake.
.
GARDENER: We´ve looked in every corner of the garden, behind every bush and on every tree.
.
GARDENER´S WIFE: We´ve also looked in the tool shelter.
.
MR OTIS: We´ve looked for her at the station.
.
CECIL: We´ve looked for her at the circus.
.
MR OTIS: I´ve asked Scotland Yard to send their best detectives.
.
MRS OTIS: Oh, my poor baby. That horrible Ghost has taken her!
.
There was a great crash of thunder. Strange music floated through the air. Suddenly the wall opened and Virginia appeared. She had a jewellery box in her hands.
.
MRS OTIS: Darling, you´re safe.
.
CECIL: Sweetheart, I´m so glad to see you.
.
TWINS: Yipeee! Virginia´s back.
.
MR OTIS: (angry) Where have you been?
.
MRS OTIS: (softly) Thank God we have found her.
.
VIRGINIA: Papa, I´ve been with the Ghost. He is dead. You must come and see him. He had been very bad but he was really sorry.
.
CINDY: What´s in the box?
.
ROBBY: Yes, show us Virginia.
.
VIRGINIA: It´s a box of jewels. The Ghost gave it to me before he died. Now follow me.
END OF ACT 8

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario