miércoles, 29 de junio de 2011

ALICE IN WONDERLAND - PLAYSCRIPT - MAY 2010 - ACT 2

ALICE IN WONDERLAND
PLAYSCRIPT - MAY 2010
ACT 2

Alice appears in a room, sitting on the floor in a messy way. A bit confused she stands up and starts to clean her skirt.

ALICE: Well, after this I shall think nothing of falling downstairs! That was a long way, what if I had fallen right through the center of the earth... oh, and had come out the other side, where people walk upside down. (giggling) Oh, but that’s silly.

She starts looking around her and sees the rabbit just turning a corner…

WHITE RABBIT: Oh, my ears and whiskers, How late it´s getting!

ALICE: Oh, mister Rabbit! Wait! Please! (She sees a small door and tries to open it)

DOORKNOB: Ohhhhh!!

ALICE: OH! Oh, I beg your pardon.

DOORKNOB: Oh, oh, it’s quite all right. But you did give me quite a turn!

ALICE: You see, I was following...

DOORKNOB: Good! What can I do for you?

ALICE: Well, I’m looking for a white rabbit. So, um, if you don’t mind...

DOORKNOB: Uh? Oh! (He opens his mouth, which is supposed to be the keyhole and Alice looks though it)

ALICE: There he is! I simply must get through!

DOORKNOB: Sorry, you’re much too big. Simply impassible.

ALICE: You mean impossible?

DOORKNOB: No, impassible. Nothing is impossible! Why don’t you try the bottle on the table?

ALICE: Table? Oh!

DOORKNOB: Read the directions, and directly you’ll be directed in the right direction. (laughing).

ALICE: (takes the small bottle in her hand and reads…) ‘Drink me’. Hmmm, (thinking and talking to the audience) better look first. For if you drink too much from a bottle marked ‘poison’… sooner or later…

DOORKNOB: Beg your pardon?

ALICE: I was just giving myself some good advice. But...(She starts drinking, sip by sip) hmm, tastes like oh... cherry tart... custard... pineapple... roast turkey...(finishes her drink) Goodness! What did I do?

DOORKNOB: Ho ho ho ho! You almost went out like a candle!

ALICE: But look! I’m just the right size!

DOORKNOB: Oh, no use! Ha ha ha ha. I forgot to tell you, ho ho ho ho! I’m locked!

ALICE: Oh no!

DOORKNOB: Ha ha ha, but of course, uh, you’ve got the key, so...

ALICE : What key?

DOORKNOB: Now, don’t tell me you’ve left it up there on the table!

ALICE: (looking distressed) Oh, dear! What can I do?

DOORKNOB: Try the box, naturally.

ALICE: (Alice opens a box which is on the floor) Oh! ‘Eat me’. All right. But goodness knows what this will do... wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!

DOORKNOB: A little of that went a long way’! Ha ha ha ha!

ALICE: Well, I don’t think it’s so funny! (starting to sob) Now- now I will never get ou-out!

DOORKNOB: Oh, come on now. Crying won’t help.

ALICE: I know, but I- I- I just can’t stop!

DOORKNOB: Hey, hey you! Bwbwlwbbwlwbl! This won't do at all! You, you up there, stop! Stop, I say! Oh look! The bottle, the bottle...

Alice sees the bottle and drinks a sip. She gets smaller, opens the door and gets in.

END OF ACT 2

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario