jueves, 30 de junio de 2011

ALICE IN WONDERLAND - PLAYSCRIPT - MAY 2010 - ACT 3

ALICE IN WONDERLAND
PLAYSCRIPT - MAY 2010
ACT 3

Alice appears swimming in the sea. Close to her there is a Dodo and on his shoulder a parrot and a mouse, also swimming.

ALICE: Oh dear, I wish I hadn’t cried so much. I will drown in my own tears! (She sees a bird with a sailor´s appearance, a pipe in his mouth…)

DODO: Oh, the sailor’s life is the life for me, how I love to sail on the sea, and I never never ever do a thing about the weather for the weather never ever does a thing for me. Oh, a sailor’s life is a life for me, tiddle um dum pom pom dum de dee! (takes his telescope and looks around) And I never ne... Land ho, by Jove!

MOUSE: Where away, Dodo?

ALICE: Dodo?

DODO: Three points to starboard. Follow me, my friends! I´ll have you at port no time at all now, haha!

ALICE: Mister Dodo!

They leave the water and now the mouse starts to run in circles around Dodo.

ALICE: Please! Please help me! ... Um, pardon me, but uh, would you mind helping me? Please?

DODO: Forward, backward, inward, outward, come and join the chase! Nothing could be drier than a jolly caucus-race. Round and round and round we go, and dance for evermore, once we were behind but now we find we are be-forward, backward, inward, outward, come and join the chase! Nothing could be drier than a jolly caucus-race. You’ll never get dry that way!

ALICE: Get dry?

DODO: Have to run with the others! First rule of a caucus-race, you know!

ALICE: (starts running after the mouse) But how can I...

DODO: That’s better! Have you dry in no time now!

ALICE: No-one can ever get dry this way!

DODO: Nonsense! I am as dry as a bone already.

ALICE: Yes, but... (suddenly she sees the white rabbit hurrying and looking at his watch) The white rabbit! (she leaves the circle and starts walking after the rabbit) Mister Rabbit! Mi- mister Rabbit!

WHITE RABBIT: Oh, my goodness! I’m late! I’m late!

END OF ACT 3

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario