lunes, 15 de febrero de 2010

THE WIZARD OF OZ - PLAYSCRIPT - ACT 3 - 2005-6

THE WIZARD OF OZ
PLAYSCRIPT 2005-2006
ACT 3
.
A Scarecrow is standing in the middle of the stage. Dorothy and the dog appear and go past him.
.
SCARECROW: Good day!
.
DOROTHY: (stops suddenly and looks at him) Oh, you can speak!
.
SCARECROW: Of course I can speak ... But I can´t move, up here on this pole ... I´d like to get down. Can you help me?
.
Carefully, Dorothy takes the Scarecrow off his pole.
.
SCARECROW: Thank you very much. (he moved his arms and legs and straw went everywhere) Who are you? And where are you going?
.
DOROTHY: I´m Dorothy and I´m going to the Emerald City. I want to go home to Kansas, but I don´t know the way. I´m going to ask the Wizard of Oz for help.
.
SCARECROW: Where is the Wizard of Oz? (looking at both sides of him) And who is the Wizard of Oz? I don´t know anything, you see, because I have no brains in my head (touching his head) only straw.
.
DOROTHY: Oh dear! I´m very sorry.
.
SCARECROW: I would very much like to have some brains. (thinking) Can I go to the Emerald City with you? Perhaps the Wizard of Oz can give me some brains. What do you think?
.
DOROTHY: I don´t know ... But yes!, please, come with me. He´s a famous wizard, so perhaps he can help you. (looking at the dog) Don´t be afraid of Toto, he never hurts people.
.
SCARECROW: Nothing can hurt me. I´m not afraid of anything ... Well, that´s not true. I am afraid of fire, of course. (and he laughs as if he had said a very funny joke).
.
Dorothy laughs too and they start to walk along the path. Dorothy takes out an apple.
.
DOROTHY: Would you like some, Scarecrow?
.
SCARECROW: No thank you. I don´t need to eat or drink. You can´t eat when you´re made of straw (and he starts laughing again as if he had said a very funny thing. Dorothy also laughs) ... (they continue walking while Dorothy bites the apple) Now tell me about your home.
.
DOROTHY: Oh, my home! I live in Kansas, a beautiful place ... although there are no trees ... but there´s Uncle Henry and Aunt Em ... although we also have cyclones...
.
SCARECROW: I don´t understand. How can you like Kansas if there are no trees, no green hills, no gardens?
.
DOROTHY: That´s because you have no brains. Kansas is my home. We say: 'East, West - Home´s Best' ... (looking sad) I want to go home.
.
And they leave the stage sadly arm in arm.
.
END OF ACT 3

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario