miércoles, 24 de febrero de 2010

THE WIZARD OF OZ - PLAYSCRIPT - ACT 8 - 2005-6

THE WIZARD OF OZ
PLAYSCRIPT 2005-2006
ACT 8

Now they are in the Emerald City again. In the Wizard´s room, waiting for the Wizard. The Little Green Man arrives.

LITTLE GREEN MAN: What can I do for you?

DOROTHY: We want to see the Wizard now, please.

The Little Green Man leaves the stage and after some time there is a voice.

WIZARD: I am the Wizard of Oz, who are you and what do you want?

All of them are looking around.

DOROTHY: Where are you?

WIZARD: I am everywhere, but you can´t see me. Now answer me - who are you and what do you want?

SCARECROW: We helped Dorothy kill the Witch of the West. You know what we want. I want my brains, you promised!

TIN MAN: Yes, and I want my heart. I´m not going to wait another minute.

LION: And I want to be brave. Or I´m going to eat you!

DOROTHY: And I want to go home to Kansas.

WIZARD: Is the Witch really dead?

DOROTHY: Yes, I threw a bucket of water over her and she disappeared. (they all start to laugh)

The Wizard appears on the stage.

DOROTHY: But, but ... the Wizard of Oz is a big head.

WIZARD: You are wrong. I am the Wizard,... well, I´m not a true wizard. Oh, I know a lot of tricks but I don´t know any true magic. You see, I´m from Kansas too. I went from town to town and did magic tricks. And I went up a big balloon. But one day the rope broke and the balloon blew away. Then I came down here, in the country of Oz.

THE TIN MAN: But then you lied to all these people.

WIZARD: No, I didn´t. The people saw my balloon and said: This man is a wizard, he comes out of the sky! They built this city for me and I called it The Emerald City.

SCARECROW: You are a very bad man. You made all these people work for you.

WIZARD: No, I´m a good man, but I was afraid of the two bad witches. Now they are both dead thanks to all of you, specially Dorothy. But I´m very sorry, I don´t know any true magic, I am a very bad Wizard, so I can´t help you.

SCARECROW: What about my brains? I want my brains.

WIZARD: You don´t need any brains. You understand things, you can think, you learn quickly. You´re very clever.

SCARECROW: I won´t go until I get my promised brains.

WIZARD: (Giving a deep breath) Okay then, but it´s difficult. This is very risky.

Next to them was a table. On the table was a bottle with BRAINS written on it. The Wizard carefully opens the Scarecrow´s head, then he takes the bottle.

WIZARD: Don´t move, I´m putting your brains in. There, now you are the cleverest scarecrow in Oz.

The Scarecrow was very happy.

SCARECROW: Yeppie, now I´ve got brains. I´m the happiest scarecrow in Oz.

THE TIN MAN: What about my heart? You promised me a heart.

WIZARD: You don´t need a heart. You laugh, you cry, you love, you feel sorry for people.

The Tin Man looked at him angrily and picked up his axe.

THE TIN MAN: I want my heart!

WIZARD: All right, please don´t hurt me. I will give you a heart. (He goes to the table and takes a red heart. He puts it on the Tin Man´s breast.) Wear this always.

The Tin Man was very happy.

THE TIN MAN: Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!

LION: Now it´s my turn. I want to be brave.

WIZARD: But you are brave. You do a lot of brave things. (The Lion started to roar) No, no, don´t eat me. I´m going to make you brave. (The Wizard takes a bottle with BE BRAVE on it.) Drink this.

LION: (The Lion drinks) Yes, yes, I feel brave! (He roars) Very, very brave. Thank you!

WIZARD: You didn´t need any magic, but you´re happy now and that´s a good thing. Now Dorothy, it´s your turn now.

DOROTHY: Yes, you promised I could go back to Kansas with Toto.

WIZARD: Your red shoes are magic shoes, they can carry you home. Just close your eyes and say "East West - Home´s Best" and then jump.

DOROTHY: Oh, thank you!

Dorothy starts saying goodbye to her friends and kisses them one by one. Then she picks up Toto and closes her eyes.

DOROTHY: East West - Home´s Best (and she jumps)

Everybody disappears from the stage except Dorothy. There is a noise like a wind, and Dorothy starts going round and round...

END OF ACT 8

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario