sábado, 20 de febrero de 2010

THE WIZARD OF OZ - PLAYSCRIPT - ACT 4 - 2005-6

THE WIZARD OF OZ
PLAYSCRIPT 2005-2006
ACT 4
.
A stiff man with an axe in his hand is standing on the stage looking stiff. Dorothy and the Scarecrow appear.
.
DOROTHY: I need water. Toto and I are thirsty.
.
SCARECROW: I´m sorry for you. You need a lot of things. (Then thinking) But you have brains, and you can think and that´s wonderful.
.
Suddenly the Tin Man starts shouting.
.
TIN MAN: Help!
.
Dorothy and the Scarecrow start looking around, looking for someone and then see him, they are very surprised.
.
TIN MAN: Help!
.
DOROTHY: What can we do for you?
.
TIN MAN: I can´t move, please oil me. There´s an oil-can in my house.
.
Dorothy runs out of the stage and brings back the oil can. With the Scarecrow´s help she carefully oils the Tin Man. Slowly he begins to move, first his head, then his arms and legs.
.
TIN MAN: Thank you, I feel better now. I went out in the rain, you see, and water is very bad for a tin body. I was there for a long time and nobody came to help me.
.
DOROTHY: We heard you shout when we were trying to drink some water.
.
TIN MAN: Where are you going?
.
DOROTHY: We are going to the Emerald City to see the Wizard of Oz and ask him for help. I want to go back to Kansas and the Scarecrow wants some brains.
.
TIN MAN: (looking very interested) Can the Wizard give me a heart, do you think? I have no heart, so I can´t love, or feel ... I would very much like to have a heart.
.
SCARECROW: Come with us.
.
DOROTHY: Yes, and then you can ask the Wizard for help too.
.
So the three of them walk along the yellow brick road, happily arm in arm. After some time they start hearing noises from wild animals. They look at each other scared to death.
.
DOROTHY: How far is it to the Emerald City? Do you know, Tim Man?
.
TIN MAN: It´s a long way, I think, and we must be careful because...
.
Just then a lion suddenly runs from the trees into the road. It opens its mouth (It has long yellow teeth) and begins to run after Toto. Dorothy is afraid for Toto, she runs up to the lion and hits it on the nose with her bag.
.
DOROTHY: Don´t hurt my dog! He´s smaller than you!
.
LION: I didn´t hurt him! Don´t hit me again, please!
.
DOROTHY: Well, you´re afraid! (to Toto) Be quiet, Toto! He isn´t going to hurt you. He´s more afraid then you are. He´s just a big coward.
.
LION: (looks very miserable) It´s true. I am a coward. Everyone thinks lions are brave. I make a lot of noise, listen to me (he roars), but I´m not brave. I´m just a coward. (The lion begins to cry)
.
DOROTHY: Oh, poor Lion!
.
TIN MAN: Poor Lion, don´t cry, perhaps you are not so coward...
.
SCARECROW: I have an idea! Come with us to the Emerald City.
.
DOROTHY: Yes, well done Scarecrow! Come with us: I want to go back to Kansas, the Scarecrow wants some brains, and the Tin Man wants a heart. Perhaps the Wizard of Oz can make you brave.
.
LION: Oh, thank you. I would very much like to be brave.
.
DOROTHY: Let´s go then.
.
And they leave together happily, arm in arm. But after some time they are unhappy again.
.
DOROTHY: We have been walking for hours and hours and we are very tired. Is it still far away from the Emerald City?
.
SCARECROW: Well, we have to think that we are closer now than we were before. But I shouldn´t think, I have no brain.
.
DOROTHY: I´m hungry. What are we going to eat for dinner?
.
LION: I can kill an animal for you.
.
TIN MAN: Oh, no! Please, don´t kill anything. (he begins to cry) We don´t want to hurt any animals. I haven´t got a heart, but I feel sorry for them. (and he continues crying)
.
Dorothy quickly takes out the oil-can and oils his face.
.
DOROTHY: Don´t cry, you know water is bad for you.
.
They continue walking along the yellow road for some time. Soon they come to a river, a big one.
.
DOROTHY: Oh, what can we do now? We can´t jump across the river, it´s too big.
.
The Scarecrow thinks for a minute.
.
SCARECROW: Look! There is a tall tree next to the river. The Tin Man can cut it down with his axe and when the tree falls across the river we can walk across the tree.
.
TIN MAN: Very good for someone with straw in their head and not brains.
.
The Tin Man cuts down the tree with his axe and soon they are all across that river too. Very happily they leave the stage.
.
END OF ACT 4

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario