miércoles, 24 de febrero de 2010

THE WIZARD OF OZ - PLAYSCRIPT - ACT 7 - 2005-6

THE WIZARD OF OZ
PLAYSCRIPT 2005-2006
ACT 7
.
On the stage we can see the Witch of the West. She has a magic crystal ball that can see everything. She was angry.
.
WITCH OF THE WEST: I can see them coming! They are getting closer and closer! (She puts on her tall black hat and started shouting) Magic Monkeys - come!
.
The two magic monkeys appear immediately.
.
MONKEY 1: What do you want?
.
WITCH OF THE WEST: There are three people, a dog and a lion on my road. Kiss the people and the dog but bring the lion here to my house. (Laughing) He can work for me.
.
MONKEY 2: At once! (The leave very quickly)
.
The Witch leaves the stage and the group of friends arrive on the stage. Suddenly the two monkeys appear.
.
MONKEY 1: (Talking to the other monkey) Let´s break the Tim Man´s arms and legs! (They break the Tin Man´s arms and legs.)
.
TIN MAN: Ouch! My arms! ... My legs! ... That hurts!!
.
MONKEY 2: Now let´s take the straw out of the Scarecrow! (They take all the straw out of the Scarecrow)
.
SCARECROW: Hey! What are you doing?! That´s my straw! I need it!
.
MONKEY 1: Ha ha, that was good! Now let´s hit the girl! (They try to hit Dorothy but they can´t touch her or Toto because of the good Witch´s kiss)
.
MONKEY 2: What´s happening? I can´t touch her! This must be some kind of magic.
.
MONKEY 1: Yes, let´s leave her and the dog. Let´s take the Lion, the Witch wanted him alive. (They take the Lion and carry him to the Witch´s house)
.
None of them are violent and they have no time to react, they are very nervous and scared. And they try to help each other but they can´t. When the two monkeys leave they are all very sad. They help each other stand up and leave the stage.
.
When the monkeys appear in front of the Witch with the Lion, she is very angry with them.
.
WITCH OF THE WEST: Where are the rest? You fools! Where did you leave them? Bring them immediately!
.
The monkeys looked confused, they left the Lion and went immediately to get the rest. They took the rest in front of the witch.
.
WITCH OF THE WEST: (The Witch sees the kiss on Dorothy´s face and is afraid but she doesn´t say anything) You! Girl! You must work for me in my house now, ... all day and every day. And remember: I am watching you all the time. Now go and start cleaning!
.
The Magic Monkeys stay there and look down, a bit afraid of the Witch. The Witch starts walking from one place to another.
.
WITCH OF THE WEST: (speaking very angrily) I can´t touch that girl, the Good Witch´s kiss protects her. And I want her red shoes! But I can´t take them myself, the girl must take them off! You two, (looking at the two Monkeys) when you see the girl has taken off her shoes you tell me immediately!
.
The Witch leaves the stage. Then the two Monkeys do the same. Some time passes. The lights go off, then on. But the curtains don´t close. Dorothy appears on the stage. She is cleaning the house. She has a sweep in one hand and a bucket of water in the other. Dorothy leaves the bucket of water and starts to sweep, but one of her shoes falls off. The Witch, who was watching the girl behind a curtain, quickly takes the shoes.
.
WITCH OF THE WEST: This is my shoe now, ha ha!
.
DOROTHY: No it isn´t, give it back to me at once!
.
WITCH OF THE WEST: No! ha ha! Give me the other shoe!
.
Dorothy is trying to get the shoe back, but the witch doesn´t let her. Then Dorothy sees the bucket of water, takes it and throws it at the Witch.
.
WITCH OF THE WEST: Ajj, ajj, what did you do! You stupid girl! Help, help! The water is killing me! The ...water...is... (and she falls dead on the ground).
.
Dorothy was a bit confused but then she took the shoe and put it on.
.
DOROTHY: Now, how can I help my friends? Can I call the Magic Monkeys? (She picks up the Witch´s black hat and looks at it) Perhaps I must wear this magic hat when I speak. (She puts the hat on and calls) Magic Monkeys, come! (The Monkeys arrived in a second) Please, can you help my friends?
.
MONKEY 1: Of course, we must always help the wearer of the magic black hat.
.
MONKEY 2: Yes, you wear the black hat now so we must obey you. We will bring your friends to you if that´s what you want.
.
DOROTHY: Oh, yes please.
.
The Monkeys go out and bring their friends back.
.
LION: Free at last! Thank you!
.
The Monkeys oil the Tin Man with the oil-can.
.
TIN MAN: Thank you for oiling me! I feel wonderful. Thank you!
.
DOROTHY: Now we must go back to the Wizard of Oz. Magic Monkeys, take us to the Wizard of Oz.
.
SCARECROW: Don´t forget the magic black hat!
.
They leave the stage together, hand in hand.
.
END OF ACT 7

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario