jueves, 17 de marzo de 2011

A CHRISTMAS CAROL - PLAYSCRIPT -- DEC 2009 - ACT 7

A CHRISTMAS CAROL
PLAYSCRIPT - DEC 2009
ACT 7


Scrooge appears alone in his bedroom. He starts looking around. 

SCROOGE: I´m alive, ha ha! It was all a dream, ha, ha! Yes, yes, now I remember! I made a promise to the Spirit of the Future. The Christmas Spirit must live in me! Oh, Jacob Marley, thank you, thank you! Christmas is wonderful, life is wonderful! 

Scrooge is laughing and crying at the same time. He goes from one place to another. 

SCROOGE: I don´t know what to do! I am as light as a feather! I´m as happy as an angel! I´m as merry as a schoolboy! 

He runs over to the window and opens it wide. 

SCROOGE: Merry Christmas to everybody (He shouts out) And a Happy New Year to all the world! 

He leaves the room in a hurry. Takes a hat and puts a scarf around his head. He arrives at the street and sees a boy. 

SCROOGE: Hallo! What day is it today my boy? 

BOY: (The boy looks up at Scrooge in surprise. He doesn´t understand) What, sir? 

SCROOGE: (happily) I say, what day is it today? 

BOY: Why, it is Christmas Day, sir! 

SCROOGE: Christmas Day! (He cries) Well, merry Christmas then! 

BOY: A Merry Christmas to you too, sir! 

Some more people come walking along the street. 

SCROOGE: Good morning to you, sir. A Merry Christmas to you, madam. God bless you, children. 

People reply in surprise. Scrooge leaves. 

MAN: Was that Ebenezer Scrooge? 

WOMAN: Yes, incredible, isn´t it? He looks the happiest man in the world! 

MAN: Perhaps he has gone crazy! Ha ha! 

Everybody leaves. 

Scrooge arrives at his nephew´s house. A girl opens the door. 

SCROOGE: Good morning, dear. Is your father here?... Don´t worry, he knows me. 

GIRL: Yes, sir. He´s in. (She calls her father). Daddy, there´s an old man asking for you. 

Fred appears, and when he sees Scrooge he looks surprised and happy at the same time. 

FRED: Uncle! 

SCROOGE: Fred! My dear boy! 

FRED: Bless my soul! 

SCROOGE: Yes, it is I, your uncle Ebenezer Scrooge. I am coming to dinner. Is your invitation still good? 

FRED: Well, of course, uncle. Please don´t stay there, come closer. Let me introduce you to my family. This is my daughter Emma. 

SCROOGE: You´re a nice little girl, Emma. 

FRED:  Lisa! Lisa! 

Lisa appears. 

LISA: Yes, dear? (she sees Scrooge) Oh! 

FRED: Lisa,  you don´t know my uncle Ebenezer. Uncle, this is my wife, Lisa. 

SCROOGE: Well, I can see you have been very lucky, Fred. And I can see where Emma got her beauty from. 

Lisa and Emma look at each other, they smile and blush shily. 

SCROOGE: I´m very happy I have finally met you. I should have come before, I know. And I hope you will forgive me for having been so rude. I am a new man now. I have changed. 

FRED: That´s good, uncle. It´s never too late to change. I knew you weren´t a bad person. 

SCROOGE: (Now he says sadly) There is specially one person I have hurt more than anyone, and his family of course too. I have to go and see him immediately. Am I being too rude if I go now and come back a bit later for dinner, Fred? 

FRED: Of course not, uncle. Go and do what you think you have to do. We will wait for you.
END OF ACT 7

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario