martes, 15 de marzo de 2011

A CHRISTMAS CAROL - PLAYSCRIPT -- DEC 2009 - ACT 5

A CHRISTMAS CAROL
PLAYSCRIPT - DEC 2009
ACT 5

They see a beautifully decorated living room. There´s music. And happy laughing voices. There´s a tall Christmas tree and green garlands everywhere. People talking, drinking and eating and laughing. The Spirit and Scrooge get close to Scrooge´s nephew and  his  wife. 

FRED: Uncle Ebenezer says that Christmas is nonsense. And I think he really believes it. 

LISA: That is a pity, Fred. He must be a very unhappy, lonely old man. 

FRED: He is a funny man, that´s the truth. He is not unpleasant, I have nothing bad to say about him, but he is strange. 

LISA: I feel sorry for him. He is very rich, isn´t he, Fred? 

FRED: I suppose he is, but that is not important. I don´t care about his money. 

LISA: Well I must say he must be very miserable living like that. 

FRED: Don´t be angry with my uncle, dear. I suppose he has his own problems. I asked him to come here and spend Christmas with us but he doesn´t want to come. And so what happens? He doesn´t have a Christmas dinner! 

LISA: He certainly missed a very good dinner! 

FRED: I´ll go and visit him as soon as I can, and now  let´s play a game! It´s a game called ‘yes’ ‘no’. You must think what I´m thinking about by asking questions. 

LISA: Okay, I begin. 

WOMAN 1: Is it an animal? 

LISA: Yes. 

WOMAN 2: Is it an unfriendly animal? 

LISA: well, yes! 

WOMAN 1: I know the answer! 

FRED: Really? You´re quick! 

WOMAN 1: It´s your uncle, Ebenezer Scrooge! 

LISA: Yes, it is.! Ha ha! 

Everybody laughs. 

FRED: Come now, let´s drink to my uncle´s health! 

Scrooge seems confused, he looks at the Spirit. 

SCROOGE: Does my nephew think I am a  bad person? 

SPIRIT OF THE PRESENT: What do you think? 

SCROOGE: I don´t know, I´m too tired and too sad. I want to go home to sleep. 

SPIRIT OF THE PRESENT: Yes, my time is finished. I have to leave you. Goodbye Scrooge. Think about what I have shown you tonight.

END OF ACT 5

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario