jueves, 17 de marzo de 2011

A CHRISTMAS CAROL - PLAYSCRIPT -- DEC 2009 - ACT 8

A CHRISTMAS CAROL
PLAYSCRIPT - DEC 2009
ACT 8
We can see Scrooge carrying a lot of parcels and a big bag. He arrives at Bob Cratchit´s house. He knocks on the door and Bob opens the door. Scrooge pretends to be angry and gets into the room. 

SCROOGE: You are late for work! 

BOB CRATCHIT: I am sorry, sir. Yes, I am late. But Christmas only comes once a year, sir. And I promise I´m not going to be late again. My family and I were all together for Christmas you see… 

SCROOGE: Now listen to me, Cratchit. I don´t want you to come in late again. So do you know what I am going to do? 

Bob Cratchit looks scared and nervous. 

BOB CRATCHIT: A, a,  are you going to fire me, sir? 

SCROOGE: No… I am going to raise your salary! 

BOB CRATCHIT: Raise my salary, sir? 

SCROOGE: Exactly! Merry Christmas, Bob! (smiling, he hugs Bob, Bob looks astonished). 

SCROOGE: Let´s sit down, my dear boy, or you´re going to fall on the floor. I am going to explain my change. (They sit down, Scrooge looks very comfortable but Bob looks uncomfortable). For many years I was an unhappy man. I wasn´t kind to people. I wasn´t kind to you, Bob. But I have changed. I am a new man! You are going to have many wonderful Christmases in the future, Bob Cratchit. 

Bob Cratchit looks away sadly. His family appear, the three children. 

SCROOGE: You have a big, wonderful family. I want to know them all. 

BOB CRATCHIT: This is my oldest daughter Belinda, this is Martha, the rose of my garden, and this is Tiny Tim, my boy. 

SCROOGE: Hello, Tiny Tim, come and sit with me. (The boy sits on Scrooge´s knees). My dear Bob, I don´t want to die a lonely man who no one loves. I want people to remember me with kindness. I know Tiny Tim is very ill and I want to help him to grow strong and healthy. 

BOB CRATCHIT: You would help me, sir? (Astonished again) 

SCROOGE: Bob, I am going to make a promise to you now. I am going to help your family in every way I can. Do you want me to do this? Do you want my help for Tiny Tim? 

BOB CRATCHIT: Oh, Yes! Mr Scrooge. (With tears in his eyes). You are too kind, sir. If only my boy could  get well again! 

SCROOGE: Okay now, Tiny Tim, Martha and Belinda, take the parcels and open them, I think Santa Claus left some present for you in my house. 

TINY TIM: (standing up with difficulty, opens his parcel) Oh thank you, Mr Scrooge! 

SCROOGE: Oh, it´s nothing. Bob, take this bag and give it to your wife. I have bought some food for tonight. 

Mrs Cratchit appears. 

BOB: Darling, this is my Mr Ebenezer Scrooge. He has bought some presents for the children and some food for tonight. 

MRS CRATCHIT: Nice to meet you, sir. Would you please stay for a cup of tea? 

SCROOGE: A cup of tea? Yes, that would be wonderful! 

Mrs Cratchit leaves. 

BOB CRATCHIT: You are a generous man, sir! I always knew you had a good heart. 

Mrs Cratchit appears with the tea, Belinda helps her. 

BOB CRATCHIT: A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 

SCROOGE: May all of us keep Christmas in our hearts! 

TINY TIM: God bless us, every one!

END OF THE PLAY  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario