martes, 15 de marzo de 2011

A CHRISTMAS CAROL - PLAYSCRIPT -- DEC 2009 - ACT 4

A CHRISTMAS CAROL
PLAYSCRIPT - DEC 2009
ACT 4

It is two o´clock. Scrooge wakes up when he hears the clock strike two. He feels cold. He looks around nervously.  A soft white light appears in the room. A spirit appears in the room. It´s the spirit of Christmas Present. 

SPIRIT OF THE PRESENT: Hi there! I´m the Ghost of Christmas Present, you´ve already met my sister, the Ghost of Christmas Past. 

Scrooge looks curiously at the Spirit. He is a jolly man wearing a green long robe with a white fur collar. The spirit has long brown curly hair and is wearing a garland of holly on its head. Bright eyes and Cheerful voice. It seems a merry character. 

SCROOGE: Oh yes, she visited me an hour ago. Fascinating things I saw with her. I didn´t remember things from my childhood. Ok, Spirit, show me life, Teach me, let me learn from your visit. 

The Spirit takes Scrooge´s hand and they leave. 
...
Now they are in the street, all the shops are open and there are many people in the streets, buying things and with lots of packets and bags. They are happy. 

SCROOGE: Why are we here, looking at these people? 

SPIRIT OF THE PRESENT: Can´t you smell the flavour in the air? 

SCROOGE: What flavour? The smell of bread and turkey? 

SPIRIT OF THE PRESENT: Yes, it´s the flavour of happiness. I want to take you to see a family you know. 

They arrive at the small home of Bob Cratchit. The Cratchit family is preparing the house for Christmas dinner. Their clothes are old. Mrs Cratchit is preparing dinner. Belinda is helping her mother. Martha is playing with Tiny Tim. There is not much food but they look happy. Tiny Tim carries a crutch to help him walk. 

BOB CRATCHIT:  Hey, where´s my family! 

TINY TIM: (He goes towards his father and hugs him) Hello daddy! How was your day? You are early today! 

BOB CRATCHIT: Yes, good Mr Scrooge let me leave earlier. How are you feeling today, Tim? Does your leg hurt? 

TINY TIM: No Daddy, not today! Today I´m feeling really wonderful. 

MRS CRATCHIT: Okay children, your father is home. Time for dinner! 

BELINDA: Hello Dad, I´m helping mom with the dinner. 

MARTHA: Hi Dad, finally you´re here! I´m so hungry! 

Bob Cratchit helps Tiny Tim sit by the table for their dinner. The children organize the chairs for everybody. Now they´re all sitting by the table, and they start praying. Scrooge and the Spirit watch. 

TINY TIM: God bless us, every one! 

SCROOGE: (with tears in his eyes) Oh, Spirit, that poor child is so weak. What is going to happen to him? 

SPIRIT OF THE PRESENT: You will know later, now you still have to watch more. 

Mrs Cratchit brings the goose to the table. 

BOB CRATCHIT: This is a beautiful goose, mother. It is perfectly cooked. It´s delicious. A toast! (They all hold up their glasses) To Mr Scrooge! For the money for this fine dinner! And a Merry Christmas to us all! God bless us! 

MRS CRATCHIT: Mr Scrooge isn´t a good man. He doesn´t pay you enough. You work so hard in that office! I don´t want to drink a toast to him! I want to tell him what I think of him. 

BOB CRATCHIT: My dear (softly) it is Christmas Day. We must only think in happy thoughts. We must be charitable. Mr Scrooge gave me a job. He pays me regularly. It´s Christmas. Let´s celebrate! God bless us! 

TINY TIM: God bless us, every one! (He says happily) 

Scrooge is hearing all this and bows his head. He is ashamed. Scrooge turns to the Ghost with a worried expression: 

SCROOGE: But the young boy, Tiny Tim, what is going to happen to him? 

SPIRIT OF THE PRESENT: I see an empty seat at the Cratchits´  table next Christmas. (sadly) I see a crutch without an owner, and a family that is very, very sad. 

SCROOGE: No! No, spirit! Please, let him live! 

SPIRIT OF THE PRESENT: If the Cratchits´  life doesn´t change soon, I´m afraid Tiny Tim is going to die. Come, it´s time to go. I have to show you another house. 

SCROOGE: Another house? Whose house? I don´t know that many people! 

SPIRIT OF THE PRESENT:  You can´t guess whose house it is? 

SCROOGE: No idea… okay, let´s finish with this. I want to go home to sleep!

END OF ACT 4

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario