miércoles, 30 de septiembre de 2009

THE CANTERVILLE GHOST-PLAYSCRIPT(2004-5) - ACT 1

THE CANTERVILLE GHOST
PLAYSCRIPT 2004-5
ACT 1
.
NARRATOR: Mr Otis was American. He was very rich and very important. He wanted to live in an old house in England, so he decided to buy Canterville Chase, the home of Lady Canterville.
.
In the living room Mr Otis is at a desk. Lady Canterville appears.
.
MR OTIS: Good morning, Lady Canterville.
.
LADY CANTERVILLE: Good morning, Mr Otis. (Mr Otis kisses lady Canterville´s hand).
.
MR OTIS: How much do you want for your house, Lady Canterville? A hundred thousand dollars? Two hundred thousand dollars? (Taking out his cheque book)
.
LADY CANTERVILLE: But Mr Otis, are you sure you want to buy Canterville Chase? There is a ghost in the house.
.
MR OTIS: Thank you for warning me, Lady Canterville. But I don´t believe it. Only the English believe in ghosts.
.
LADY CANTERVILLE: Many members of my family have seen the Ghost.
.
MR OTIS: Ha ha, I think you´re joking.
.
LADY CANTERVILLE: Nobody could sleep at night because of the mysterious noises in the house.
.
MR OTIS: My lady, I will pay you extra for the ghost. Ha ha.
.
LADY CANTERVILLE: Don´t laugh. The Ghost really exists. People have seen it many times in the last three hundred years.
.
MR OTIS: I am an American. Americans don´t believe in ghosts. They are an old-fashioned European idea.
.
LADY CANTERVILLE: Well, if you don´t mind having a ghost in the house, that´s all right. But please remember that I have warned you.
.
MR OTIS: Thank you, Lady Canterville. Now let me introduce my family. Lady Canterville, this is my wife, Mrs Lucrezia Otis. (The family members appear on stage when Mr Otis mentions them)
.
MRS OTIS: I´m pleased to meet you, Lady Canterville. Canterville Chase is a lovely old house.
.
LADY CANTERVILLE: I hope you enjoy living there.
.
MRS OTIS: I´m sure I will. I don´t believe in ghosts and I sleep very well at night.
.
MR OTIS: And this is my eldest son, Washington.
.
WASHINGTON: I´m pleased to meet you, Lady Canterville. Are there many parties in England? I like dancing very much. (And he starts to dance alone)
.
LADY CANTERVILLE: Yes, there are lots of parties. You´re a handsome young man. The English girls will enjoy dancing with you.
.
MR OTIS. This is my daughter, Virginia.
.
VIRGINIA: I´m pleased to meet you, Lady Canterville.
.
LADY CANTERVILLE: Do you like dancing too?
.
VIRGINIA: No, but I like riding very much. I want to ride my pony at Canterville Chase.
.
LADY CANTERVILLE:You are a lovely young lady. The English boys will enjoy going riding with you.
.
MR OTIS: And these are the twins.
.
CINDY:Hi, Lady Canterville, I´ve never met an English Lady before.
.
ROBBY: Hey, Lady Canterville, is there really a ghost in the house?
.
MRS OTIS: Be polite, children.
.
LADY CANTERVILLE: I´m pleased to meet you children (not very convinced) You have a very nice family, Mr Otis.
.
MR OTIS: So, will you sell us the house?
.
LADY CANTERVILLE: Yes, Mr Otis. When do you want to move in?
.
MRS OTIS: As soon as possible. The children are really looking forward to living in a real English haunted house.
.
END OF ACT 1

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario