lunes, 14 de septiembre de 2009

ROMEO AND JULIET-PLAYSCRIPT-act 3

ROMEO AND JULIET
PLAYSCRIPT
ACT 3
.
ROMEO GOES TO VISIT FRIAR LAWRENCE, HIS FRIEND AND TEACHER. THE FRIAR IS WORKING IN THE GARDEN. THE SUN IS RISING. IT IS A BEAUTIFUL MORNING.
.
ROMEO: Good morning, Friar. I want to get married.
.
FRIAR: To Rosaline?
.
ROMEO: No, I have forgotten Rosaline, she is nothing to me. I love Juliet and she loves me. You must help us. We want to get married today.
.
FRIAR: What? I see that youngmen´s love is not in their hearts but in their eyes.
.
ROMEO: But Friar, Juliet is my true love!
.
FRIAR: Good. Perhaps your marriage will make the Capulets and the Montagues friends. It is a good thing for Verona, I will help you.
.
Curtains close. Streets of Verona. Benvolio and Mercutio are looking for Romeo.
.
BENVOLIO: Poor Romeo. His heart is broken. Rosaline doesn´t love him.
.
MERCUTIO: That´s not his only problem. Tybalt has sent a letter to his house. He wants to fight him.
.
BENVOLIO: But Tybalt is dangerous.
.
MERCUTIO: Yes, Tybalt is the Prince of Cats. He is an artist with his sword. Romeo is a lamb. He will die.
.
BENVOLIO: Quiet, here comes Romeo.
.
ROMEO: Hello, Benvolio. Hello, Mercutio, my friend.
.
MERCUTIO: Are you still sad? Have you been crying all night for Rosaline? But look, here comes a fat old woman.
.
NURSE: (Comes hurriedly) Romeo, Romeo, I must talk with you privately.
.
MERCUTIO: (Laughing) Is this your new girlfriend, Romeo?.
.
ROMEO: Please, can you leave us? (Mercutio and Benvolio separate a little) Now, nurse, what do you want?
.
NURSE: First of all, I want you to promise that you will be kind to Juliet. She is very young, you must not hurt her.
.
ROMEO: I love her.
.
NURSE: All right, do you have any news for Juliet?
.
ROMEO: Yes, tell Juliet to come to Friar Lawrence´s cell this afternoon. We will get married there.
.
NURSE: I love Juliet, sir. I remember when she was a little child. Look after her when you are her husband.
.
ROMEO: Don´t worry, tell Juliet to get prepared.
.
The Nurse leaves. Romeo leaves. Curtains close. Now we are at Friar Lawrence´s cell. The Friar is there, Romeo arrives.
.
FRIAR: The day is bright. It is a sign that the future will be happy.
.
ROMEO: I do not care if I die tomorrow. It is enough that Juliet is mine.
.
FRIAR: Don´t be so passionate. It is better to love moderately. Then love will be longer.
.
Juliet arrives. They are both very nervous. They get married. Curtains close. Meanwhile Benvolio and Mercutio are walking in the streets of Verona.
.
BENVOLIO: Let´s go home. The Capulets are out in the streets. If we meet them, we will have to fight. In this hot weather, young men do mad things.
.
MERCUTIO: Here come the Capulets. Tybalt is there!
.
TYBALT: (approaching Mercutio) I want to speak with you.
.
MERCUTIO: Do you want to speak or fight?
.
TYBALT: You are not a Montague but a friend of Romeo. That makes you my enemy. Where is Romeo?
.
MERCUTIO: I don´t know. Why?
.
TYBALT: I want to kill him. He came to the party of the Capulets. You are his friend. You came with him to the party. I want to fight you too!
.
MERCUTIO: Be careful, we are in the public streets. If you fight the Prince will be angry. Here is Romeo.
.
Romeo approaches.
.
TYBALT: Fight, you villain!
.
ROMEO: I cannot fight you.
.
MERCUTIO: Romeo! Are you a coward? Tybalt! (taking out his sword)
.
TYBALT: What do you want?
.
MERCUTIO: I want one of your nine lives, Prince of Cats!
.
TYBALT: I will fight you as Romeo is too afraid to fight.
.
ROMEO: Stop fighting. The Prince will be angry. He will punish you. Stop Tybalt. Stop Mercutio.
.
They continue fighting fiercely and finally Tybalt kills Mercutio.
.
MERCUTIO: Aaaaagh! I am hurt. I am dying. Romeo, this quarrel between your families has killed me.
.
Mercutio falls to the ground.
.
ROMEO: Are you badly hurt, my good Mercutio?
.
MERCUTIO: A scratch, just a scratch... But it´s enough. Bring me a doctor.
.
ROMEO: Be brave, Mercutio. It cannot be so bad.
.
MERCUTIO: Look for me tomorrow in my grave. The Prince of Cats has killed me. Why did you come between us?
.
ROMEO: I wanted to help ... Mercutio don´t die! Oh, Mercutio! (Starts crying)
.
Curtains close.
.
END OF ACT 3

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario