miércoles, 16 de septiembre de 2009

ROMEO AND JULIET-PLAYSCRIPT-act 4

ROMEO AND JULIET
PLAYSCRIPT
ACT 4
.
ROMEO IS VERY ANGRY. HE STANDS UP AND TAKES OUT HIS SWORD AND STARTS FIGHTING WITH TYBALT. ROMEO KILLS TYBALT.
.
ROMEO: He killed my friend. Now he is dead. He is with Mercutio. Juliet, your love made me a coward but now I am brave. (Speaking to the audience)
.
BENVOLIO: Romeo, you must escape. The people are coming. The Prince will punish you with death!
.
ROMEO: Oh, what have I done? I am Fortune´s fool. I must go!
.
Romeo leaves. The Prince and two citizens arrive. Lord and Lady Capulet also arrive. Mercutio and Tybalt are lying on the ground.
.
PRINCE: Where are the people who began the fight?
.
BENVOLIO: I can tell you the complete story.
.
LADY CAPULET: Oh Tybalt! My brother´s child! He has been murdered. A Montague must die for this!
.
BENVOLIO: No, Romeo wanted to stop the fight. But Tybalt killed Mercutio and then Romeo killed Tybalt.
.
LADY CAPULET: He´s lying! He is a Montague. Romeo killed Tybalt, he is a murderer, so Romeo must not live. The Montagues must pay for this!
.
PRINCE: Romeo killed Tybalt, but Tybalt killed Mercutio first.
.
LORD CAPULET: Mercutio was Romeo´s friend. Romeo was right to kill his friend´s killer.
.
PRINCE: No! It is wrong to kill! I banish Romeo from Verona. If I find him in the city he will die. I must not show mercy to murderers.
.
The people leave the streets. Curtains close. Curtains open and we can see Juliet waiting for Romeo, her new husband. Then the nurse arrives. She is very nervous.
.
NURSE: He is dead!
.
JULIET: Who is dead?
.
NURSE: I saw the body with my own eyes! He is dead!
.
JULIET: What? Is Romeo dead?
.
NURSE: No, Tybalt is dead. Romeo has killed him. Romeo is banished, he must leave Verona.
.
JULIET: Did Romeo kill my cousin? He is a villain but I love him.
.
NURSE: Your mother and father are crying for Tybalt.
.
JULIET: I will cry for him too, but I will cry longer for Romeo. I will never see him again. I will kill myself.
.
NURSE: No, Romeo is hiding with Friar Lawrence. I will bring him to you.
.
JULIET: Yes, nurse, bring him to me quickly. Give him this ring, he must come and say his last goodbye.
.
Curtains close. Romeo is talking to Friar Lawrence.
.
ROMEO: Everything is finished. I must leave Verona and never see Juliet again. Even a cat or a dog or a mouse may look at Juliet. But I cannot. Give me poison or a knife to kill myself.
.
FRIAR: You are mad. The Prince has shown mercy. He lets you live.
.
ROMEO: You are old, Friar. But I am young and in love. I want to die.
.
FRIAR: No, be brave. You must go to Mantua. You will be safe there. I will send you news about Juliet. One day you will be together again. But here is the Nurse.
.
ROMEO: How is Juliet?
.
NURSE: She cries and cries. First she calls out Tybalt´s name. Then she calls for Romeo. Then she falls on her bed.
.
FRIAR: Tonight go with the Nurse, see Juliet for the last time.
.
Romeo leaves with the Nurse. Curtains close.
Curtains open. Romeo and the Nurse arrive at Juliet´s house. They look around to see if someone is watching them. They start whispering.
.
NURSE: Here is a ladder. Climb up and go through the window. Spend your first and last marriage night with your wife Juliet.
.
In the house of the Capulets, Lord and Lady Capulet are talking. Lord Paris is with them.
.
LORD CAPULET: I will talk to Juliet. She will marry you next Wednesday.
.
LADY CAPULET: No, that is too soon.
.
LORD CAPULET: On Thursday then. Tybalt is dead. There must be something good for the Capulet family. Juliet´s wedding! I am her father, she will do as I say.
.
PARIS: I wish it was Thursday tomorrow.
.
LORD CAPULET: Well, goodbye until then. On Thursday my daughter will marry you. I promise.
.
The three of them leave the stage. Juliet and Romeo appear on the balcony. They are saying goodbye after spending some time together.
.
JULIET: Must you go? It is still night. The nightingale is singing, not the lark.
.
ROMEO: Look at the sky. The sun is rising. But I want to stay!
.
JULIET: Go, it is dangerous for you here. But I want you to stay! Goodbye sweet Romeo. Will I ever see you again?
.
They kiss. Then Romeo climbs down the ladder
.
ROMEO: Goodbye, I will think of you every second of the day.
.
Romeo leaves sadly looking back frequently.
.
JULIET: Please, God, send him back to me again!
.
END OF ACT 4

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario