lunes, 21 de septiembre de 2009

ROMEO AND JULIET-PLAYSCRIPT-act 6

ROMEO AND JULIET
PLAYSCRIPT
ACT 6
.
ROMEO IS IN MANTUA. HIS SERVANT BALTHASAR COMES TO BRING HIM THE LATEST NEWS FROM VERONA.
.
ROMEO: I have been dreaming about Juliet. Even a dream of love is sweet. This dream has made me happy. Balthasar, what is the news from Verona? Have you got any letter from the Friar? How is my mother? How is my father? How is Juliet?
.
BALTHASAR: Juliet is dead. (Sadly) She lies in the tomb of the Capulets.
.
ROMEO: What!? Get me some horses. I will ride to Verona tonight!
.
Balthasar leaves sadly.
.
ROMEO: I will go to the tomb. I will kiss her for the last time. Then I will drink poison. If Juliet is dead, I will die too. I know a place where I can get poison if I pay well.
.
Curtains close. Curtains open. Now we see Juliet dead in the tomb of the Capulets. Paris arrives with a bunch of flowers and puts them on Juliet´s grave.
.
PARIS: Sweet Juliet, I will visit your grave every night and cry for you. But someone is coming, I will hide and watch.
.
Romeo arrives at the tomb with his servant Balthasar.
.
ROMEO: Give this letter to my father tomorrow morning, Balthasar. Now go away. Don´t try to stop me.
.
Romeo tries to open the tomb with a strong metal bar. Paris appears.
.
PARIS: You are Romeo, a Montague, the one who killed Tybalt. What are you doing here? Are you trying to destroy the tomb? I will kill you!
.
ROMEO: I do not know you. Go away if you want to live. Do not fight with me, I´m desperate.
.
PARIS: I arrest you, murderer!
.
They start fighting. Romeo kills Paris.
.
ROMEO: (Looking at him carefully) It is Paris! Balthasar told me that he wanted to marry Juliet. We are both unlucky. But where is Juliet, I must look at her beauty for the last time. (He gets close to Juliet) Oh, my love, my wife! Death has kissed you. But you are still beautiful. Here you are, but I will also stay here. Let me kiss you. With a kiss I die.
.
Romeo kisses Juliet. He takes a bottle of poison out of his pocket and drinks it. He dies next to her. Then, a little after, Juliet wakes up.
.
JULIET: Where am I? (Looking around) Ah, yes, now I remember. But who is lying next to me? It´s... it´s Romeo. My dear Romeo, but you are dead! The Friar lied to me! How could this happen... (holding the bottle in our hands) I will drink poison too,... but the bottle is empty. I will kiss his lips, they are still warm. Too late, I can hear people coming, quick, here´s Romeo´s dagger. Let me die!
.
Juliet stabs herself and falls next to Romeo. Friar Lawrence appears in the tomb.
.
FRIAR: I hope Juliet isn´t awake yet, or she would be afraid to be alone, it was terrible that I couldn´t tell Romeo about the plan, but the man I sent couldn´t reach Mantua. (He looks around and sees the bodies, he starts crying and shouting) Too late! Romeo and Juliet have both died. Their great love has finished. Oh, it´s all my fault. I am to blame!
.
Lord Capulet and Lord Montague arrive. The Prince also arrives.
.
LORD CAPULET: Juliet! There is blood and a dagger. Our only daughter is dead. This is a terrible day for the Capulets.
.
PRINCE: My good friend, Lord Paris is also dead!
.
LORD MONTAGUE: This is too terrible, last night my wife died from a broken heart because Romeo was banished from Verona. Now he is dead, poisoned. This is a terrible day for the Montagues.
.
FRIAR: I can explain everything. It is all a mistake. They loved each other. The Nurse and I helped them to get married secretly. Now they are dead.
.
PRINCE: My friends Mercutio and Paris are dead. Tybalt is dead. Lady Montague is dead. Romeo and Juliet are dead. This is a terrible day for Verona. Lord Montague and Lord Capulet, shake hands. Your families must be friends, or at least not enemies. Love will change the world.
.
END OF ACT 6

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario