martes, 23 de marzo de 2010

ROBIN HOOD - PLAYSCRIPT - ACT 4 - 2006-7

ROBIN HOOD
PLAYSCRIPT 2006 - 2007
ACT 4
.
JUGGLER: Robin Hood continues in Sherwood Forest. He is more and more popular among the poor. They love him and they detest the Sheriff of Nottingham.Every day there are more men that want to fight against the rich and go to Sherwood Forest to join Robin Hood.
Robin Hood becomes famous.
The poor speak his name with love
And the rich speak it with fear.
.
Curtains open. We are in Sherwood Forest. Robin Hood and Little John are sitting on a tree trunk.

ROBIN HOOD: It´s a fine merry morning. (Looking at the sky).

LITTLE JOHN: Yes, but I hope a knight comes by so we can make his load light and take his gold.

A noble man appears.

ROBIN HOOD: You see, we have only to ask and a rich man comes to us.

LITTLE JOHN: I know that old knight. His workers are poor and hungry because he takes everything from them.

ROBIN HOOD: Stop! (Standing in front of him)

OLD KNIGHT: What´s the meaning of this?

ROBIN HOOD: Don´t be afraid good friend. We just want to look inside that fat bag.

OLD KNIGHT: It´s only some grain. I´m taking it to the mill.

Robin Hood throws the heavy bag at Little John, he takes it and opens it.

LITTLE JOHN: Yes, it´s GOLDEN grain – for sure!

ROBIN HOOD: Yes, we should use grain like this to feed the poor. You took it from them and we´ll give it back.

OLD KNIGHT: Thief! Villain! The Sheriff of Nottingham will hear about this!

ROBIN HOOD: Yes, tell him… and tell him that Robin Hood of Sherwood Forest sends his good wishes.

LITTLE JOHN: (As the old knight leaves) Ha, Ha! A good morning´s work, and it´s still early.

ROBIN HOOD: (Laughing) Yes, the day will be beautiful.

They leave the stage. A young lad appears on the stage, he is wearing a harp and he is crying. Robin Hood and Little John appear on the stage again. They look around.

LITTLE JOHN: Maybe the day is not so beautiful after all. I think I hear someone in trouble.

ROBIN HOOD: Oh, it´s a young lad. And he´s crying. (They get close to the lad) Who are you, lad? And why are you crying on this fine morning?

ALLAN-A-DALE: They call me Alan-a-Dale. In happier days, I was a singer. I made people happy with my songs. … But I´m not going to sing anymore. I love a beautiful girl, but she´s going to marry another man this afternoon.

ROBIN HOOD: Well then, lad. Don´t cry about her. She doesn´t love you.

ALLAN-A-DALE: No, she loves me very much. But her father is a poor man. He´s forcing her to marry a rich old knight.

ROBIN HOOD: A gentle, young girl doesn´t want to marry an old knight. What do you say, Little John? Shall we help this lad?

LITTLE JOHN: Ha, ha, yes, that will be a good day´s work.

ROBIN HOOD: Come, lad, there will be a wedding today, but with a better groom.

ALLAN-A-DALE: But where will we find a priest for the wedding?

ROBIN HOOD: True, I didn´t think of that.

LITTLE JOHN: I know a priest. They call him Friar Tuck. He´s a merry fellow and I bet he´ll help us.

ROBIN HOOD: I´ll go and look for him. Little John, go back to our hiding place with Allan-a-Dale and tell the men to get ready for the wedding.

LITTLE JOHN: Right, Robin, but take care.

Little John and Alan-a-Dale leave Robin Hood. He starts walking and leaves the stage. Then a priest appears and sits on a tree trunk, he´s carrying a barrel and drinks some of it then he closes his eyes and starts snoring. On the other side of the stage appears Robin Hood.

ROBIN HOOD: Oh, there´s a priest. I´ll ask him about Friar Tuck. Maybe he knows him. (He approaches the Priest, Robin Hood starts to make sounds so that the priest awakes. After some time the priest awakes surprised).Good father, do you know a holy man named Friar Tuck?

FRIAR TUCK: Yes, I do. He´s a fine man – and a merry one!

ROBIN HOOD: I bet YOU are Friar Tuck.

FRIAR TUCK: And I bet YOU are Robin Hood. The Sheriff of Nottingham speaks highly of you.

ROBIN HOOD: Yes, and I think you are also highly esteemed!
(And both start to laugh).

ROBIN HOOD: Good Friar, our band needs a holy man like you. Will you join us?

FRIAR TUCK: Yes, I will, because I hear the laws of your band are much better than the laws of our times.

ROBIN HOOD: Good. Your first job will be to marry a lad to his love. Come. I´ll tell you about it. (And they both leave the stage.)

Curtains close.
END OF ACT 4

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario