lunes, 22 de marzo de 2010

ROBIN HOOD - PLAYSCRIPT - ACT 1 - 2006-7

ROBIN HOOD
PLAYSCRIPT 2006-2007
ACT 1

Curtains closed. A juggler appears playing a mandolin (a small guitar)

JUGGLER: Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the story of Robin Hood. The bravest man in Britain, and perhaps the bravest man in the world. (He plays the guitar a little, then he continues speaking) Robin Hood took from the Rich and gave to the Poor. And this song will always be remembered in Britain…

JUGGLER: (singing with a little guitar)
Come and listen, gentlemen
Who are of free-born blood.
I´ll tell you of a good yeoman,
His name was Robin Hood.

Robin was a proud outlaw
The while he walked on ground.
So courteous an outlaw as he was one
Was never none y-found.

JUGGLER: And now I leave you, ladies and gentlemen, with the story of this brave man. Hope you like it, hope you enjoy it. Have a good time, my good people, have a good time.

The Juggler leaves the stage. The curtains open. We can see a forest with trees and in the middle of the stage a fallen branch or trunk over a small river. On the trunk there was a big man fishing. He is Little John. Robin Hood appears. He is carrying a bow and a quiver on his back with lots of arrows in it, and he wants to cross the river.

ROBIN HOOD: Hello, there, giant! Move over – I want to cross the bridge!

LITTLE JOHN: (looking around from one place to another) I think I hear a voice, but I don´t see anyone!

ROBIN HOOD: (taking out one of his arrows from his quiver) Ha, ha! You have a clever tongue. Well, maybe you don´t see me, but you´ll soon feel me. Move – or I´ll shoot you with my arrow.

LITTLE JOHN: Why, my little lad, will you shoot me with an arrow! I have only a stick – a quarterstaff. (He takes out his stick that was tightened to his belt) You are very brave!

ROBIN HOOD: Then I´ll cut a stick for me too.
(He puts his arrow again in his quiver and leaves his bow on the ground. He takes a stick)

LITTLE JOHN: Even a long stick won´t help you, my young man. You´re too little to fight me. Ha, ha.

ROBIN HOOD: You are laughing at me! Can you use your staff? We´ll fight for the bridge. The one who falls into the river is the loser!

LITTLE JOHN: Ha ha, yes! I love a fight and I hope you love a bath!

ROBIN HOOD: Now we´ll see who is going to laugh.

They start to fight, they are both quick and good with their weapons. After some time Robin Hood can hit Little John on the head and Robin Hood starts to laugh but then Robin´s foot goes over the side of the bridge, and he falls into the river.

LITTLE JOHN: Are you hurt? Do you want help?

ROBIN HOOD: Oh no, thanks! I´m just swimming a little. That was a good fight. You´re a strong man. Can I do anything for you?

LITTLE JOHN: (thinking) Well, yes, you can help me find Robin Hood. I want to be one of his men. I hate injustice and I love a good fight.

Robin Hood takes his horn and sounds it and one of his men appeared on the bridge.He has a bow and arrow and is pointing at Little John.

MUCH THE MILLER´S SON: You´ve been in the water, Robin. Did this man throw you in? Shall I throw him into the river, Robin?

LITTLE JOHN: (looking very surprised) Robin! … Are you Robin Hood? Did I hit Robin Hood with my quarterstaff? … Will you forgive me? I didn´t know.

ROBIN HOOD: (started laughing) He wants to be one of us. What do you think, Much?

Much agrees and says yes..

ROBIN HOOD: We like you! What is your name, big man?

LITTLE JOHN: (a bit embarrassed and ashamed) Well, they call me John … Little…

ROBIN HOOD: Little? (and Robin and the rest of the men start laughing) I think we will call you Little John.
.
They start to leave the stage happily . Robin and Little John wait till the end to leave.

ROBIN HOOD: I´ll teach you to use the bow. You´ll soon be a very good bowman because you´re so strong and so tall.

And together they leave the stage. Curtains close.
.
END OF ACT 1

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario