martes, 23 de marzo de 2010

ROBIN HOOD - PLAYSCRIPT - ACT 10 - 2006-7

ROBIN HOOD
PLAYSCRIPT 2006-2007
ACT 10

JUGGLER: Ladies and Gentlemen we´ve come to the end of this story. Robin Hood and Lady Marian fall in love and want to marry, they feel as happy as can be. Friar Tuck is going to marry them, but something happens that brings more happiness to their wedding day. See for yourselves….

Curtains open.We are in Sherwood Forest. King Richard appears disguised, dressed like a monk. Suddenly Robin Hood, Little John and Will Scarlet appear and surround him.

ROBIN HOOD: Stop, good brother. Your purse seems very heavy for a holy man. Come, we will make it light and you will feel better.

KING RICHARD: Who are you? Why are you stopping me?

ROBIN HOOD: My name is Robin Hood, friend to the poor and enemy of the rich and unholy.

KING RICHARD: Villain! I have heard of you a lot.

ROBIN HOOD: Then surely you know that we welcome guests in the forest. You will eat with us as our guest. But remember, you will pay a lot for your feast.

KING RICHARD: I have only forty pieces of gold. I have been with the king in Nottingham, and that took a lot of my money. If I had a hundred pieces of gold, I would gladly give you fifty for the poor.

ROBIN HOOD: Then I´ll have twenty pieces of gold and you can keep the rest.

KING RICHARD: Thank you, but I bring a word from our lord the King. Look this is his ring. He asks you to come to Nottingham to have dinner with him.

ROBIN HOOD: I love no man in the world so well as I love my king. Let´s go to the camp.

They leave the stage.

We are still in Sherwood Forest, Robin´s men and women appear little by little, they are drinking, women are serving drinks and food. There is a wooden table and a wooden bank.
Robin Hood appears with the King.

ROBIN HOOD: Good brother, drink and eat. The deer in Sherwood Forest is excellent.

KING RICHARD: Are these all your men?...And women?

Robin gives the King a cup to drink.

ROBIN HOOD: Yes they are, and I´m very proud of them! They trust me and I trust them. Now I drink a toast to Richard, my only King and only King of England.

KING RICHARD: Why do you drink to Richard? You are an outlaw in his country!

ROBIN HOOD: I´m not an outlaw from the good King Richard. Only cruel men and unjust laws make me an outlaw. Like the Sheriff of Nottingham, he hates me because I don´t let him steal more from the poor. … But that´s enough talk. Let´s be merry for our guests. (He lifts his drink to toast)

King Richard uncovers his head.

ROBIN HOOD: My Lord the King of England, now I know you!
(Robin goes on his knee).

Everybody goes on their knees.

ROBIN HOOD: I ask your pardon, my Lord the King, for me and my men. We are your true servants. Will you pardon us?

KING RICHARD: Yes, I have been learning about you. That is why I came here. And now I know about you. Stand up good outlaw. You are honest and noble. I want you to be one of my men. I give you full pardon. Will you serve me?

ROBIN HOOD: Yes your Majesty, but what about my men?

KING RICHARD: I pardon them too. They can stay in Sherwood Forest and take care of the king´s deer.

FRIAR TUCK: Your Majesty, today we were going to celebrate a wedding. You know, Robin Hood is going to marry Lady Marian.

KING RICHARD: Wonderful, excellent. Today will be a day to be remembered in the History of England.

Lady Marian and Robin Hood take each other´s hand and the King stands next to them. Behind everybody is watching the wedding.

FRIAR TUCK: And the moment has come, to get these two souls together in one…..

END OF THE PLAY

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario