martes, 23 de marzo de 2010

ROBIN HOOD - PLAYSCRIPT - ACT 5 - 2006-7

ROBIN HOOD
PLAYSCRIPT 2006-2007
ACT 5

Curtains open. We see the city of Nottingham. Robin Hood appears with a hat and a mandoline. Little John is also wearing a hat. There is a woman selling vegetables holding a basket.

GREENGROCER: Tomatoes, onions, potatoes… fresh vegetables… tomatoes…

A bride appears holding herself to the arm of an old man. She seems very sad.

ROBIN HOOD: Oh, a bride is coming – a beautiful young woman with an old man. Is he her
father?

GREENGROCER: Yes, he is. But the groom is even older. They say the bride doesn´t love him. (speaking secretly).

ROBIN HOOD: Then why does she marry him?

GREENGROCER: I know the girl, she is a good girl but her father owes the groom a lot of money. They say that if she doesn´t marry him they will imprison her father.

LITTLE JOHN: Ah, I know, the rich always win, the poor always lose.

GREENGROCER: Yes, that is always the same story. The groom is a very good friend of the Sheriff of Nottingham.(looking sadly in front of her but then changing quickly and looking very happy) But, young man, look at my vegetables, they are the best in Nottingham. Buy me something…I need to feed my children.

An old man appears, he is the groom and he is also the old knight Robin met this morning..Little John and Robin ignore the greengrocer.

LITTLE JOHN: There comes the groom too. Do you recognize him, Robin? Ha, ha. He is the old knight we met this morning.

Robin approaches.

ROBIN HOOD: Good man (addressing the old knight), let me sing at your wedding. I have a beautiful song. After my song, the bride will love the groom forever.

THE OLD KNIGHT: Come then and sing it after we are married.

ROBIN HOOD: No, you´re not the right groom. Let the bride marry her true love!

THE OLD KNIGHT: Villain! Is that your song?

ROBIN HOOD: No, this is!
(Robin and Little John take off their hats)

THE OLD KNIGHT: Robin Hood and his men!

GREENGROCER: Robin Hood! I´ve spoken to Robin Hood!

Allan-a-Dale approaches and embraces the Bride.

ROBIN HOOD: The wedding is for these two. They will marry today.

FATHER: I know my daughter loves Allan-a-Dale, but it can´t be. I owe this knight a lot of money and he won´t let her go.

BRIDE: Father, don´t worry, I know you love me, I know you feel sad for me.

ALLAN-A-DALE: My darling,

BRIDE: Allan, my love, you know I cannot marry you. Even if it´s you I love. My father will go to prison. The Sheriff of Nottingham will arrest him, I can´t marry you. (crying)

ROBIN HOOD: Little John, where is the golden grain from this morning?

LITTLE JOHN: Here it is.

ROBIN HOOD: (talking to the father) This is a wedding present from Robin Hood and his merry men. Give it to that old knight and you´ll owe him no more money.

THE OLD KNIGHT: (looking astonished) But it´s my gold!

LITTLE JOHN: No, it´s only grain for the mill. Those were your words.

THE OLD KNIGHT: You… you…

GREENGROCER: You shut up! Three hurrays for Robin Hood! He´s our hero!

ROBIN HOOD: Come, let´s go back to the forest, before the Sheriff of Nottingham appears, at this moment the safest place is Sherwood Forest, also for you,old man
.(addressing the father).

They all leave the stage. The curtains close.
.
END OF ACT 5

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario