martes, 23 de marzo de 2010

ROBIN HOOD - PLAYSCRIPT - ACT 9 - 2006-7

ROBIN HOOD
PLAYSCRIPT 2006- 2007
ACT 9


Curtains open. We are again in Sherwood Forest. Maid Marian and Cassandra appear on the stage. Marian is wearing men´s clothes. She is also wearing her bow and arrows.

CASSANDRA: But my lady, what are we doing here?

MAID MARIAN: Don´t worry, we are not in danger.

CASSANDRA: How do you know that? What will happen if Robin Hood´s men find us?

MAID MARIAN: Well, that´s exactly what we are here for. They never take anything from women or from poor people or good yeoman.

CASSANDRA: Oh, I hear a noise. (she hides behind a tree).

Robin Hood appears suddenly. He has also covered his head.

ROBIN HOOD: Boy, what are you doing here! (loudly).

MAID MARIAN: That´s my business. Leave me or I´ll fight you.

ROBIN HOOD: You´re a rude but brave young lad. But after one hit of my stick…

MAID MARIAN: I won´t go away. I´m not afraid of you. I´m not afraid of any man who hides away his face. (She dropped her bow and went towards him with her quarterstaff).

He laughed and they started to fight. His staff often touched Marian but never hit her really hard. She could move really quickly.After fighting for some time…

ROBIN HOOD: Let´s stop. I like you. You´re very young, but you´re going to be a fine fighter. Will you come and be one of Robin Hood´s merry men?

Marian threw back her hood.The man stood quite still. Then he threw back his own hood.

MAID MARIAN: Robin Hood!

ROBIN HOOD: Lady Marian, what are you doing here, all alone in this dangerous forest?

CASSANDRA: (Appearing from behind the tree) She´s not alone, she´s with me!

MAID MARIAN: I was looking for you Robin. But I´m wearing boys´ clothes to be safe.

ROBIN HOOD: You were looking for me? Why? You are a friend of the Sheriff of Nottingham, so you cannot be a friend of mine.

MAID MARIAN: But I want to be a friend of yours. I don´t like the Sheriff, I don´t like the way he treats the poor. I like you because you help the poor people, you take from the rich but you don´t keep it, you give everything to the poor. I want to be one of your men.

ROBIN HOOD: But you are not a man, you are a woman.

CASSANDRA: That´s what I tell her, but..

MAID MARIAN: (Ignoring and interrupting Cassandra) But you just said that … that I was a good fighter, I can fight just as well as any of your men… and…

ROBIN HOOD: Even if you fight bravely, I cannot risk your life.

CASSANDRA: That´s what I tell her all the time but she won´t listen to me.

MAID MARIAN: But people say that you also have women in your camp. I want to be one of them. I want to help.

ROBIN HOOD: Lady Marian, you are not an ordinary woman. You are a lady. Life in the forest is not easy, you know. Here you will have to cook, and work like any other woman. Are you sure you want to have that kind of life?

CASSANDRA: I will help my lady, of course.

MAID MARIAN: No Cassandra, we will be just like any other woman in the camp.

CASSANDRA: But my lady, you can´t forget…

MAID MARIAN: That´s my last word, I won´t leave the forest!.
(Cassandra makes a gesture of
helplessness)

CASSANDRA: This girl is so stubborn!

ROBIN HOOD: Alright, women. Come with me. I´ll show you the camp.
END OF ACT 9

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario